3 Day Vegetarian Meal Plan
Day 1:
Breakfast: Yogurt with Granola and apples, a Glass of Milk, and Bananas Sices.
Lunch: Veggie Wrap with Cheese, Glass of Apple Juice
Snack: Trail Mix
Dinner: Tofu Parmesan, Whole Wheat Pasta, Salad (Tomatoes, Lettuce, Cucumber, Italian Dressing), Glass of Milk
Day 2:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, Bagel with Cream Cheese and Strawberry Jelly, Glass of Milk, Oranges
Lunch: Veggie Burger with Whole Wheat Bun, Water
Snack: Carrots with Ranch
Dinner: Vegetable Stir Fry, Brown Rice, Glass of Milk,
Day 3:
Breakfast: Fruit Salad, Glass of Milk, Whole Wheat Toast with Apricot Jelly
Lunch: Bean Salad, Glass of Orange Juice
Snack: Celery Sticks with Peanut Butter and Raisins
Dinner: Teriyaki Tofu, Brown Rice, Brocolini, Glass of Milk
For our vegetarian blog our group decided to go vegetarian for a day to experience the challenges that they have to face.
For my first meal, breakfast, I had scrambled eggs with green onions, cooked onions, potato slices, and a glass of milk with organic nectarines, and fuji apples. I found that for breakfast it was not that hard to get a balanced meal that tasted good. I enjoyed the things I had and did not miss the meat products.
For lunch, I had a grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, a glass of milk, and cherries. I enjoyed this meal but I would have liked to have some ham in my sandwich. I got my protein from dairy products in this meal.
For dinner, I ate two tofu burgers, a scoop of brown rice, a side of asparagus and corn, and a glass of milk. I would have liked to have something a little more substantial but overall it was a good meal.
Being a vegetarian for a day was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I rather enjoyed most of the things that I ate and had a fun time doing it. The challenge for vegetarians is that they need a balanced food plan and they need to stick to it. By doing this I have learned a lot about vegetarians and can better connect and understand them than I could before.
No comments:
Post a Comment